Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The moment awaits...

It's 3 am. We were supposed to be in at 9 pm last night, but they didn't have any room so we went home and tried to sleep. They called us at 2:05 am and said to come in. We got there at 3:00 and they put the gel on me at 4:15. I was only dilated a 1 when I got there and was at a 4 four hours later. My doctor broke my water at 8:15 am. Got my lovely epidural (which Ethan left the room for) at 9:15. I started pushing at noon and had Gavin 15 minutes later.
Labor? A breeze. Having an IV? Horrible!! I tell you what, flushing an IV 3 times is way worse than giving birth. 'shudder'.
Final weight 152. Gained 31 pounds total.
With Logan I gained over 50.
Logan's weight and length: 8lbs 11oz 21"
Gavin's weight and length: 8lbs 7oz 20 1/2"
Both were induced at 38 1/2 weeks

Here is my cute pedicure.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

congrats! i'm excited to see pics!

Brooke said...

Wooo Hooo!!!

Shannon said...

CONGRATS!!!

Davis Family said...

yipee for a great labor!!! Good job!

tiff snedaker said...

Yay! Cute pics of your pedicure. :)

Amie said...

way cute toesies! Thanks for the fun updates! Are you gonna keep up this blog in any way?

Toni said...

Oh my gosh, if that picture of you was taken at 3 in the morning... I hate you. You always look gorgeous, even after pushing a kid out of you! I'm glad your labor was short! Mine was 36 hours, eesh! But I also had 15 minutes of pushing like you did, that's SO nice.

S. Fantasia said...

Cute toes! You do look good for 3 am. :o)